“Aptiva Care management is my go to company for case management and everything that goes with that. Their ability to manage complex cases have far and away exceeded my expectations. They never let me or my patients down. I highly recommend them!”
– SANJIVAN SINGH KOHLI, MD –
Aptiva does not deliver medical care. However, we deliver guidance and results by overseeing all facets of your loved one’s care through patient advocacy and care management services.
Ill, Injured or Ongoing Health Issues:
There are many moving parts in healthcare when someone is ill or injured. Aptiva jumps in and assembles the necessary team of experts – physicians, physical therapists, registered dieticians, RNs, etc. Then, we coordinate and manage the team, so you can focus on providing your loved one with companionship and support. Be as hands-on as you like with care, or step back and let Aptiva Care Management handle it all.
Whether you live near or far from your aging parent, issues with their care and supervision may grow to be more complex and demanding than you can comfortably manage. Aptiva Care Management, in collaboration with the family and the individual, organizes and manages all aspects of care. Aptiva’s goal is to meet an individual’s and/or family’s comprehensive health needs via coordinated resources to promote wellness, quality of life, cost-effective outcomes, and most important – peace of mind.
Aptiva care managers act as your senior parent’s advocate, helping to ensure they follow doctors’ orders. This can be challenging if a senior has memory difficulties or problems reading fine print. Aptiva assists with:
- Transportation and scheduling of doctors’ appointments
- Attending doctors’ appointments and facilitating communication between doctor, senior and family members, if appropriate.
- Monitoring client’s adherence to medical orders and instructions, including reminders to take medications and exercise as directed by a physician.
- Special dietary needs for conditions like diabetes, hypertension or heart disease can be managed through strict shopping guidelines and proper food preparation by our skilled CARE team.
“Hi Marc, I just wanted to let you know that the doctors, therapists, case managers etc. at Craig Rehab have all said what a wonderful job we did with Brett at home and their very amazed that he is so healthy and doing so well etc. Thank you again! We owe it all to you! You truly are our hero!“
– Carrie Christy –
Professional geriatric care management is a client-centered approach to caring for older adults or others facing ongoing health challenges. Working with families, geriatric care manager expertise provides the answers at a time of uncertainty. Their guidance leads families to the actions and decisions that ensure quality care and an optimal life for those they love, thus reducing worry, stress and time off of work for family caregivers through:
- Housing – helping families evaluate and select appropriate level of housing or residential options.
- Home care services – determining types of services that are right for a client and assisting the family to engage and monitor those services.
- Medical management – attending doctor appointments, facilitating communication between doctor, client, and family, and if appropriate, monitoring client’s adherence to medical orders and instructions.
- Communication – keeping family members and professionals informed as to the well-being and changing needs of the client.
- Social activities – providing opportunity for client to engage in social, recreational, or cultural activities that enrich the quality of life.
- Legal – referring to or consulting with elder law attorney, providing expert opinion for courts in determining level of care.
- Financial– may include reviewing or overseeing bill paying or consulting with accountant or client’s Power of Attorney.
- Entitlements – providing information on Federal and state entitlements; connecting families to local programs.
- Safety and security – monitoring client at home; recommending technologies to add to security or safety; observing changes and potential risks of exploitation or abuse.
Geriatric Care Managers are engaged to assist in a variety of areas, such as:
- We assess and monitor each and every detail
- Coordinated Planning and Problem Solving
- Aptiva Provided Education and Advocacy
- Family, Staff and Caregiver Coaching and Training
Assessment and Monitoring
Planning and Problem Solving
Education and Advocacy
Family & Staff Coaching
* Local, cost-effective resources are identified and engaged as needed.
* A care plan tailored for each individual’s circumstances is prepared after a comprehensive assessment. The plan may be modified, in consultation with client and family, as circumstances change.