Aptiva After Hours is newly offered from Aptiva Care Management. The service provides swift and targeted clinical assistance at your bedside. Aptiva After Hours is custom designed to support medical needs after hours when it is often difficult to reach a physician. Currently, the membership is available to Orange County and Aptiva Care Management clients.
WHAT DOES THE SERVICE PROVIDE?
Aptiva After Hours integrates telephone, smartphone, tablet, or computer – enabling not only talk, but visual interaction.
The program makes clinicians available afterhours by phone or device enabling the patient to rapidly speak with, and be seen by, the clinician.
Aptiva’s partner, Tapestry Health, is made up of experienced nurse practitioners, physician assistants and physicians who have provided this high level of care to over 100,000 thousand patients. Aptiva After Hours prides itself on having clinicians who are very experienced, committed to helping people, and know how to listen.
CUSTOM DESIGNED FOR APTIVA
Marc Friedman, President of Aptiva Care Management, employed the help of David Chess, MD to design a virtual bedside care program solely for Aptiva. Marc explained, “Aptiva is continually seeking out ways to improve one-on-one concierge care for our clients. It is our aim to make certain the Aptiva home health experience as complete and comforting as possible. “
Dr. Chess is a board-certified geriatrician who has created a medical practice dedicated to caring for people through telemedicine and keeping people out of the hospital. He believes, “Capturing changes in condition as early as possible, and treating as early as possible, are essential in keeping people well.”
AFTER HOURS FEATURES
It is paramount Aptiva members’ afterhours medical needs are met promptly over the phone and virtually with face-to-face video consultation (if needed). Aptiva’s goal is to ensure members have a sense of security and familiarity with their Aptiva team, and each member is treated as an individual and not as a number.
Aptiva After Hours members have the confidence of knowing real medicine is practiced by professionals who gets to know them and their medical history.
- An Aptiva After Hours clinician answers the call immediately, unlike call centers that can keep you on hold.
- After Hours members are one of fifty patients, not one of thousands.
- Members speak to one of six Aptiva After Hours clinicians who know you, your medical history, and current prescribed medications, which is not common call center experience.
- Aptiva After Hours clinicians are Physician’s Assistants (PA) and Nurse Practitioners (NP). They can assess, then write prescriptions for most used medications avoiding delays in care.
- If needed, the PA or NP, can connect you immediately to a medical doctor in the Aptiva After Hours program.
- Aptiva shares all that ensued on a call/video chat with the member’s primary care physician.
PROCESS: CONNECT WITH A CLINICIAN AFTER HOURS
Connecting to a clinician with Aptiva Afterhours is easy.
- Simply call the toll-free number.
- Tell the clinician about your medical concern/issue.
- Should the clinician need to see the member virtually, the member is directed a one-click web link for a face-to-face consultation.
- In some cases, a member may need to be elevated from a clinician to an MD. The MD is contacted by the clinician doing the consult, who then adds the MD to the call.
- An assessment is made, and the necessary action is taken to address the assessment, many times, avoiding unnecessary trips to the Emergency Room.
Aptiva After Hours wants to get to know you. The medical records of each new member are reviewed by all clinicians and saved in the Aptiva After Hours system. Also, Aptiva starts the service with a welcome call by one of our clinicians. During the call, Aptiva goes over medical history, medications, and challenges. Also, it is made clear how the new member can reach the service when guidance or help is needed. Yes! A family member is welcome to participate in the orientation.
Monday to Thursday 6 PM– 7 AM
Friday to Monday 6 PM – 7 AM
All major holidays 24 hours per day New Year’s Day
$500 monthly service
Prescriptions are covered by insurance
Service is month-to-month
Members can cancel anytime with 30-day notice.