APTIVA FIGURES IT OUT FOR YOU
Professional care management is a client-centered approach to caring for older adults and people who are ill, injured or face ongoing health challenges.
Aptiva Care Management has a team of specialized geriatric and adult care managers. We work with families and provide answers during times of uncertainty. Aptiva guides the family to act and make decisions that ensure quality care and optimal living for those they love.
Aptiva Care Management can reduce the family’s stress, worry, and time off work. At its highest level, care management in healthcare is a natural extension of primary care. A comprehensive care management program requires complex coordination among all the moving parts in healthcare. The parts include clinicians, health systems, care teams, caregivers, patients and their communities. Our programs include:
- Geriatric Evaluation – Assess and evaluate needs for additional and appropriate care for aging and dementia type needs.
- Geriatric Advocacy – Consult on to find the absolute best options of care and quality of life for our seniors.
- Behavioral Health – Evaluate and asses individual needs for behavioral and psychiatric care.
- Coordination – Coordinate and manage all aspects of medical and healthcare needs.
- Housing – Help families evaluate and select appropriate level of housing or residential options.
- Home Care Services – Determine types of services that are right for a client and assist the family to engage and monitor those services.
- Nursing and caregiving Management – Oversee the all aspects of the in-home care team.
- Manage Special Dietary Needs – Design and Manage special diets of all types including diabetes, hypertension, stroke, and heart disease.
- Medical Management – Attend doctor appointments, facilitate communication between doctor, client, and family, and if appropriate, monitor client’s adherence to medical orders and instructions.
- Medical Crisis Management – Guide and direct families through medical healthcare crisis.
- Communication – Keep family members and professionals informed as to the well-being and changing needs of the client.
- Social Activities – Provide opportunity for clients to engage in social, recreational, or cultural activities that enrich their quality of life.
- Family Counseling and Support – Counsel families on how to successfully support, nurture and understand the challenges facing our aging population.
- End of life counseling – Counsel and guide family and loved ones during the final stage of life.
- Medical Billing Assistance – Help families with the very complex and confusing insurance system.
- Legal – Refer to or consult with elder law attorneys, provide expert opinion for courts in determining level of care.
- Financial– May include reviewing or overseeing bill paying or consulting with accountant or client’s Power of Attorney.
- Entitlements – Provide information on federal and state entitlements; connect families to local programs.
- Safety and Security – Monitor client at home; recommend technologies to add to security or safety; observe changes and potential risks of exploitation or abuse.
- 24/7 Availability – Clinicians, physicians and health care team available around the clock.
Feature and benefits of our programs:
- A dedicated care team
- A comprehensive care planning Detailed Assessments and evaluations
- Medication and care-management tools
- A hospital-to-home program
- Coordinate communication between patients and healthcare professionals
- Improved outcomes
- Reduced use of high-cost acute care services
- More primary and/or preventive care visits
- Fewer duplicative tests and procedures
- Higher patient satisfaction
- Components of a Comprehensive Care Management System
- Geriatric care management
- Behavorial management
- Family support and counseling
- End of life management
“Hi Marc, thank you for the kind message. I want you to know how grateful and lucky I feel to have met you. I can’t even bear to think about where Brett would be right now if it weren’t for you. You’ve been amazing and Brett’s incredible progress is all because of you. We can’t thank you enough for everything that you have done so far.”
– Carrie –
Marc Friedman has been in healthcare for many years. His experience in healthcare is diverse and multi faceted. He holds multiple degrees in the fields of Psychology and Healthcare administration. He joined Cerna Healthcare in 2008 as the company’s Executive Vice President, and assumed the role President of the company in 2017.
Marc helped make Cerna one of the fastest growing, highly respected healthcare providers in Southern California. Marc is also a certified patient advocate, a certified behavioral health advocate, and a certified Senior Advisor.
Marc’s passion for those in need led to the creation of The Cerna Foundation in 2012. The foundation is dedicated to helping those less fortunate, with support and guidance to meet their healthcare needs. In the last eight years the foundation has helped to raised hundreds of thousands of dollars for families in need.
In early 2020, Marc Co-founded Aptiva Care Management, which is a company that specializes in patient and medical advocacy, care management, geriatric patient management, behavioral health advocacy and neuro impairment advocacy. Marc serves as the company’s president and managing director.
“When Aptiva Care management said they would take care of every aspect of my sons care I was skeptical, but 6 months later they have and continue to handle all of my son’s very complicated medical and health care They exceed my expectations every single day I trust them as much as I trust my own family”